Apply to be a member of EMSC!
EMSC is an opportunity for USC students to volunteer as Emergency Medical Technicians during on-campus events. Follow these steps to become a member.
1) Complete an EMT-B certification course
In order to apply, you must have already completed an EMT course and be in the process of obtaining your NREMT and CA State EMT License.
2) Apply! – APPLICATION PROCESS FOR FALL 2017 OPEN
We look forward to receiving your application! Please follow the steps outlined below.
- Attend an info session (optional).
Info sessions for the Fall 2017 semester will be held on:
Monday, 8/28 @ 8:00PM. THH 116
Wednesday, 8/30 @ 8:00PM. THH 116
*If you cannot make these sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Submit an application. Our applications are now handled electronically, please see the document below. Note that the dates shown on the EMSC application vary each semester. Applications for the Fall 2017 semester are due on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 @ 11:59PM. Submit completed applications to email@example.com.
EMSC Fall 2017 Application
- Pass the EMSC Pre-Employment Examination. (Exam questions are NREMT style, similar to the questions asked in your EMT class and those found on pre-employment tests for ambulance companies).
Exam dates for the Fall 2017 semester are as follows:
Wednesday 9/6 @ 8 PM. THH 116
**Please allow 45 minutes in order to complete the test
**If you are unable to attend this testing date, email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an exam by appointment
- Complete an Interview with a member of the Executive Team.
Interview invites will be released following successful completion of the pre-employment exam.
Interviews will take place from 9/8-9/10.
- Attend the EMSC New Employee Orientation.
Orientation for the Fall 2017 semester TBD
3) Complete Probationary Semester
After applying, you must complete a probationary semester in order to achieve active status in EMSC.
Please read through everything before applying, as the probationary semester is a time-commitment equivalent to a 2-unit course!
Please feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns.